Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Becoming a Video Editor

Before Research

I would consider myself an experienced video editor at the moment. I've been editing for about 2 years now. During and before the summer I ran a successful YouTube channel that gained over 250 subscribers. Today I edit videos for the 3rd best violinist in Europe that came to the US for college and is a part time vlogger. I also edit for school projects, and what a video editor means to me is someone that creates the vision of the director by piecing together video clips, adding color correction, and music. Despite my knowledge, I could always learn more.

After Research

Video editing is the process of manipulation and rearranging video shots to create a new work. When editing there are certain goals that video editors are expected to achieve. These goals include removing unwanted footage, choosing the best footage, create a purpose from the clips, add effects, alter the style, pace or mood of the video. All of this takes place in the post-production phase. There are many reasons to edit a video and your editing approach will depend on the desired outcome. This is what it means to become a video editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment