Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Becoming a Costume Designer

Before Research

For my menu items, I chose that during the production phase, I would like to learn more about becoming a costume designer. To my knowledge, being a costume designer means choosing out the appropriate clothing for the actors to wear, in order to fit the scene. It also means doing the hair of the actor. As I am very interested in the current and modern style, I feel like I would fit this position.

After Research

After completing my research about becoming a costume designer, I have learned new things. Not only do costume designers dress the actor in the way they feel looks best, but also to balance the scenes with texture and color. The costume designer may also collaborate with hair stylist, wig master, or makeup artist. They also typically seek to enhance the actors personality through the color and clothing choice. There are 3 main kinds of designers including freelance designers, residential designers, and academic designers. After researching about Costume Designers, I have learned so much about them and their positions, and they will be included the next time I'm taking on the role of a costume designer.

Source: https://www.theartcareerproject.com/become/costume-designer/

No comments:

Post a Comment